The countdown to EDX 2015 is well under way, with only 28 days to go until 25 March. Registration is free and you’ll find all the details for that here.
Day One will of EDX 2015 will be themed Retail Delivery.
The emergence of the ‘anytime-anywhere’ consumer has precipitated a growing demand for speedier online delivery and an array of more flexible customer options. Delivery and fulfillment are quickly becoming the point of differentiation for retailers vying to cash in on the growing commercial opportunities brought about by the rapid increase in online shopping.
Retail Delivery will examine how retailers are managing the strategic and day-to-day operational challenges associated with new customer demands: What are the key logistical issues are impacting successful home delivery, click and collect, ship from store and locker collection? What are the implementation costs and challenges associated with various models? How can retailers win on both timing and profit margins?
Although it may be subject to change between now and 25 March, here is the schedule for Day One of EDX 2015:
- 10:35 – Opening Keynote Address: Crystal Ball Gazing: Aligning your Corporate Strategy with New and Shifting Customer Demands – Luke Massery, Vice President, Groupon
- 11:10 – Sponsor Address: Winning on International Delivery – WN Direct (spokesperson TBC)
- 11:45 – Meeting New Customer Expectations for Speedy, Flexible Delivery and Returns – Maxim Romain, General Manager, Wayfair Europe
- 13:00 – Omni-channel Delivery – winning on customer experience and ROI – Robyn Doyle, Head of e-Commerce Strategy & Planning, Dixons Carphone Warehouse
- 13:45 – Panel Discussion: Fulfilling Customer Expectations in the Final Mile – Damian May, Senior Manager – Customer Delivery, John Lewis, Edward Osborne, Head of Dropship Operations , Tesco.com, Stéphane Tomczak, Head of eLogistics, Fevad & Ecommerce Europe
- 14:45 – Click and Collect – delivering online shoppers in-store – Paolo Rangoni, Supply Chain Director, Carrefour Italy
- 15:20 – Closing Keynote Address: Bringing Supply Chain into the Board Room – Oliver Cofler, Customer Service and Logistics Director, Mondelez
Day Two will of EDX 2015 will be themed Retail Logistics.
Intense migration to online shopping is forcing retailers to restructure internal operations and relationships with customers and suppliers in order to achieve supply chain effectiveness.
Retail Logistics will examine how the rapid growth of online retail is impacting traditional infrastructures revealing new approaches for achieving efficiency, responsiveness and agility.
This is an opportunity to hear how leading retailers are getting to grips with new technologies and operational strategies designed to meet new customer demands and, by doing so, creating fit-for-future retail supply chains.
Key topics will include: omni-channel, international growth and delivery, big data, sourcing, returns management and supplier collaboration.
Although it too may be subject to change between now and 26 March, here is the schedule for Day Two of EDX 2015:
- 10:35 – Opening Keynote Address: Automation in a D2C, Omni-channel World – John Munnelly, Head of Operations – Magna Park Campus, John Lewis Partnership
- 11:10 – Flexing your Fufillment and Delivery Systems to Prepare for Seasonal Peaks and Troughs – Guy Meisl, Head of European Distribution, Deckers
- 11:45 – Top Tips for Establishing Greater Transparency for an End-to-End Supply Chain – Paul Miller, Director of In-bound Logistics, Shop Direct
- 12.30 – Sponsor Case Study, Convenience Delivered: exceeding the demands of the modern consumer – Kees de Vos, Chief Commercial Officer, MetaPack Group
- 13:05 – Panel Discussion: Collaboration to meetin omnichannel fulfillment.
- 13:50 – Multi-Channel Returns Management – turning a logistical challenge into a commercial opportunity – Jonathan Gorst, Senior Lecturer, Sheffield Business School & Vice Chair, Chartered Institute of Logistics
- 14:25 – Retailer case study (TBC)
- 15:00 – Closing Keynote Address: Best Practice Logistics for a Fit for Future Supply Chain
Register free today for EDX 2015 here. We look forward to seeing you there.