The UK’s love affair with click and collect services is more ardent than that of other European countries, according to research from MetaPack.
The Brits, French and Germans are all big fans of click and collect, the research says, but there are still national differences that retailers and carriers need to consider.
Some of the key findings include:
- 63% of Britons surveyed said they had used click and collect in the last 12 months, compared with 43% in France and 26% in Germany.
- 72% of French consumers had picked up their delivery from a local shop.
- Half of German respondents had used a locker service compared to only 10% of British and 9% of French consumers
The survey was made up of 1,500 consumers in France, Germany and the UK.
Other national differences appeared in what consumers value most from a delivery choice.
- 55% of British and 56% of French consumers rate free delivery highly.
- In Germany that percentage stands at 41%.
- Speed of delivery matters more in Germany (27%) and the UK (22%).
- Only 18% of French consumers care about speed of delivery.
MetaPack have created the following infographic to illustrate the findings in full.