So, you think you know Sweden? Maybe you’ve got a secret soft-spot for Abba and you think Volvos aren’t as dull as some people make them out to be. But what do you know about it as an ecommerce entity? Here’s a list of nine facts we think you should know:
- Swedes spent €6bn on online purchases in 2014.
- That means Sweden spent more on e-commerce than any of its Nordic neighbours, and the second most per capita.
- 35% of Swedes buy something online each month.
- What do they buy most of? Style conscious Swedes mostly bought clothing and footwear online in 2014. In fact, 40% of Swedes shopped online for clothes or shoes during each quarter of the year.
- Swedes spent €1bn shopping online from foreign sites.
- 33% of Swedes purchased products from foreign sites during each quarter of 2014.
- The UK is the go-to destination for Swedes who fancy a spot of cross-border online shopping.
- Just over half of all Swedish e-commerce consumers researched a product online before purchasing it in a physical store during 2014.
- When it comes to delivery, 40% of Swedes want their items within three business days.
Thank you to Direct Link Worldwide and PostNord for supplying information and images.